To apply for membership please download and complete the relevant application form. Once completed please use our online sign up form and attach your application form.
Step 2: Sign up for an account
Once you have completed the relevant application form please continue to the account sign up form. You will be required to fill in some basic registration details and upload a copy of your completed application form. Once your application has been approved you will receive login details to complete your online profile.
Sign up for account
Applications for membership of IAFD are always welcome.
- Full membership will be considered from funeral directors operating on the island of Ireland. Applicants should download and complete the Full Membership Application Form above.
- While the IAFD Board will permit membership at its discretion, it will normally expect applicants to be in business for at least 4 years and to have conducted a minimum of fifteen funerals per annum in each of the four years prior to application.
- A representative of IAFD will visit all new Membership Applicants (within two months of their application and prior to their application being considered by the Board) to establish that the applicant is operating their business in compliance with IAFD Quality Standard and relevant employment and Health & Safety legislation.
- New Membership Application Forms must be signed by a proposer and seconder, who are full members of the IAFD and shall normally trade within 50 kilometres (31 miles) of the applicant’s premises.
- New member applicants with more than one location must also complete Application Form B – Additional Premises above, so that all premises can be considered and assessed as part of the new membership application.
- Funeral directors operating outside of Ireland, who are members of a recognised National Funeral Directors Trade Association, may apply for Overseas Membership by downloading and completing the Overseas Membership Application Form above.
- Suppliers to the funeral profession may apply for IAFD Associate Membership by downloading and completing the Associate Membership Application Form above.
- Associate Membership Application Forms must be signed by a proposer and seconder, who are full members of the IAFD and shall normally trade within 50 kilometres (31 miles) of the applicant’s premises.
- Existing full members who wish to add an additional location to their IAFD listing should download and complete Application Form B – Additional Premises.
- Membership fees can be paid, using a credit or debit card by clicking on the payment link below. If you experience any difficulty making payment please contact us at email@example.com. Alternatively you may send a cheque, made payable to IAFD along with your application form. Fee information can be found below.
Annual fee - €401.50,
Joining fee - €150.00.
Total new membership fee - €551.50
Additional Premises Fee: Per additional premises annually - €50.00
Associate Membership: Annual fee - €150.00
Overseas Membership: Annual fee - €150.00
Pay for Membership >
If you are experiencing any difficulty uploading your application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance